Use & Care Instructions
How to Use Lil'buds Breast Comfort Packs
Lil'buds® are designed to slip comfortably into your nursing tank or bra, hot or cold, to provide luxurious relief from pains associated with breastfeeding.
Scroll down to learn about:
Heating your lil'buds in a Microwave
Heating your lil'buds in a Conventional Oven
Cooling your Lil'buds in the Freezer
How to Wear your Lil'buds
Wearing your Lil'buds when Nursing
How to Clean your Lil'buds
Prevent Infection Using Lil'buds
Pump More Milk Using Lil'buds
HEATING YOUR COMFORT PACKS IN A MICROWAVE
- When heating your lil'buds for the first time, place them in your microwave for no more than 5-10 seconds.
- Remove your lil'buds and test the heat on your breast.
- If you need them warmer, place again in microwave for another 5-10 seconds, remove and test the temperature on your breast.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL:
- Every microwave is different, depending on it's age and strength they will heat differently for every person. Please use caution when heating your lil'buds, until you have a feel for exactly much time is needed to get the right warmth for you.
- Times will differ depending on whether you heat one pack or two packs at a time.
- Lil'buds are an all natural product meant to be reused over and over again. Placing them in the microwave too long will burn the seed filling and cause irreversible damage to your comfort pack.
HEATING YOUR COMFORT PACKS IN AN OVEN
- Turn your oven on it's lowest heat setting. Some ovens have a "keep warm" setting that works well.
- Place your lil'buds on an oven safe plate or sheet, and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and test temperature on your breast.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL:
- The first time you heat your lil'buds, use discretion when heating in your oven. Test the temperature regularly to gauge exactly how many minutes are required for heating. You can always extend the amount of time required for heating if necessary.
COOLING YOUR LIL'BUDS IN A FREEZER
- Place your lil'buds in the freezer for at least 1 hour prior to use.
- Remove from the freezer when desired, and return to freezer when finished.
- You can keep your lil'buds in the freezer indefinitely, and remove to use and replace when done.
- Depending on the temperature of your freezer, it will take anywhere from 1-2 hours to cool down completed.
WEARING YOUR LIL'BUDS BREAST COMFORT PACKS
Lil'buds can be worn in any orientation on the breast to provide needed relief to any specific area; from horizontally along the bottom or top of the breast, to vertically on the sides of the breast. If desired, a pair of lil'buds® can be used together to cover the entire breast. Every breast is different and you are encouraged to find an orientation that works best for you.
WEARING YOUR LIL'BUDS WHEN NURSING
Breastfeeding with an infection is a necessity and also a huge pain. That is why lil'buds were designed with an arc shape, so you can wrap breast with a hot or cold lil'buds while keeping the nipple area accessible for baby to nurse.
If you are concerned about a warm pack against baby's face, orient the pack inside your nursing bra so that when the bra is opened, it creates a shield for baby's face.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR LIL'BUDS
For spot cleaning, gently scrub the flannel exterior with a damp cloth and dry in direct sunlight. UV rays act as a natural disinfectant, and the warmth of the sun naturally dries your packs out.
- Do not immerse your pack in water. The flax filling will swell and cause irreversible damage.
- Do not clean your packs in a washing machine.
- If you don't plan on using your lil'buds right away, store them in a cool dry place until you are ready to use them.
PREVENT INFECTION USING LIL'BUDS*
To prevent clogged ducts from leading to mastitis. Use lil'buds warm 10-15 minutes prior to every feeding. Gently massage warmed breast when breastfeeding to encourage milk flow and clear clogs.
*Lil'buds are not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any medical conditions. Consult your doctor before use.
PUMP MORE MILK WITH LIL'BUDS
Heating the breast is a proven way of increasing milk output. To help get the most milk when pumping, place warmed lil'buds on your breast before your pump sessions to encourage let down and milk flow from the breast. Keep warmed lil'buds on your breast while pumping to maximize your milk production.